24 Mar Zechariah 4:6
So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.
There were some things I wasn’t sure about and so a little worried about regarding our entity in Indonesia. Related to my worries, I received something like a warning letter. I was quite confused because I don’t think I should get it. It caused me a troubled mind for a few days. Felt worried and discouraged too. However I willed myself to turn to God, as always. And to remind myself that if I’m with Jesus, it’s ok.
Later on, I was told that I should not have received these letters and it was a mistake. The “warnings” were also officially removed.
During fast and pray, God reminded me Zechariah 4:6 “not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit”. It’s a reminder to always look above the earth and soar by the Spirit.
28 June 2023
Was taking some time during lunch to pray briefly and watched a sermon.
Was reminded of Zechariah 4:6 again. This is the scripture of the current few months as work is overwhelming and the Lord in His grace kept reminding me to live out Zechariah 4:6.
Took some good notes from sermon + my reflections
- By my spirit (supernatural grace) | by might and power (natural efforts; more resources, better equipment etc)… Look not to more resources and better technologies etc but look to the Lord for supernatural grace!
- Pray in the spirit, not once or twice but constantly.
- Pattern: start – delay – finish.
- Many begin, some finish, few finish well. We need the supernatural grace of God to finish well
- Do not despise small beginnings; break the spirit of comparison but look to the Lord